The Economic Development and Business Support (EDBS) Office is a strategic development effort by the City of Greensboro to further meet the needs of the city’s business community. The primary goal of this office is to create economic development opportunities with an emphasis on helping businesses create jobs, grow and succeed. Read more about us.
What Types of Business Does EDBS Support?
Every business in Greensboro or considering Greensboro for its operations, including:
- New business start-ups - Visit the Business Resources Page
- Existing businesses - See what Economic Development services we provide
Part of the service goals of EDBS is to pay particular attention to the specialized needs of each business to ensure those needs are effectively met. Visit the EDBS Video Library to access additional information on City-wide economic development initiatives and business education content unique to Greensboro.
For questions and support inquiries call
336-373-CITY (2489) and ask to be connected to the EDBS Office
Follow us on Twitter @GreensboroEDBS
EDBS Services available to Greensboro businesses include:
- Resource referrals for assistance in (1) starting a business, (2) growing and developing a business,(3) securing financing, and (4) addressing specific operational needs
- Assistance in securing a privilege license and permits
- Service as a liaison between businesses and City government addressing matters of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Counsel on compliance with ordinances and on questions regarding local regulations, policies and procedures
- Registration assistance for Greensboro's E-Procurement system in order to bid on projects and contract with the City
- An informational kiosk with literature on starting a business in Greensboro, doing business with the City, and upcoming business education opportunities
- Assessments of eligibility for assistance programs, economic incentives, and City contracts
- Assistance in the statewide Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification process.