The City of Greensboro Business Support Office works to ensure local for-profit businesses are aware of the resources available both at the City and within the community that most effectively match their specific business needs.
E-mail the Small Business Coordinator to schedule an introductory business assessment and consultation or visit the websites listed below to get started on your own.
Doing Business in the City
Want to successfully operate a business in the City?
- Business Link North Carolina (BLNC)
- City of Greensboro Minority and Women's Business Enterprise (M/WBE)
- Greensboro Partnership Entrepreneur Connection
- Greensboro Library's Business Resources
- Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) Small Business Center
- Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) North Carolina District Offices
- North Carolina Department of Revenue
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Guilford County Register of Deeds
- North Carolina Entrepreneurship Center
The Business Support Office also refers businesses to other City departments and outside strategic partners. While the City provides website links and referrals, it does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications, and cannot attest to the accuracy of the information provided by third-party sites or any other linked site or resource referral. Please check references of all referrals prior to investing time or money with any non-government entity.
Doing Business with the City
The City encourages all local businesses to visit its e-Procurement System (GePS), which automates the exchange of information between the City, its suppliers and end-users. At this site, suppliers can register online and businesses can find bid opportunities.
Also recommended is the City's construction contracts Web page where contractors can find current contracts available for bidding.
Other local government business opportunities can be found at: