Bulk trash consists of items that are too big to fit in your green trash
Bulk trash items are collected every other week on the same day
your recycling is picked up and should be at the curb by 7 am on your collection day.
Bulk trash items include:
- Swing sets
Lawn mowers(drained of gas / oil)
- Bed frames
- Box springs
- Carpet (rolled)
If your items were not collected, it was because:
- Extra trash is not a bulk item. If you have too much trash to fit in your green container, you can purchase an additional trash container by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).
- It was construction debris. The City will only collect lumber, drywall, flooring, etc. if it is small enough to fit in a 32-gallon container. If you have large amounts of construction debris, the City will pick it up for a fee. Call the City’s Contact Center at 336-373-CITY (2489) to have a supervisor visit and provide a price for pick up.
- Gas and oil were not removed. The City will not collect lawn equipment that has not been drained of gas and oil. Gas and oil are hazardous materials and should be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center for disposal.
- It was too heavy. Remember the 2-2-2 rule: bulk trash should never be 2 big for 2 people 2
- It was an appliance. Appliances are not bulk items. Call the City’s Contact Center at 336-373-CITY (2489) to schedule
- It was a television or computer. These are considered electronic waste and should be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center for disposal.
- It was cardboard. Cardboard boxes are recyclable and should be broken down and placed in your brown recycling container or taken to one of 20 recycling drop-off locations.
Carpetwas not rolled and tied. Carpet will be picked up if it is rolled and tied. Each bundle must be a maximum of five feet in length.
- Tires are not collected. Tires should be taken to the Guilford County Tire Facility at 2138 Bishop Road. Call 336-294-9431 for hours.
Call 336-373-CITY (2489) for more information about bulk trash collection.