Greensboro Parks and Recreation Athletic Section offers a wide variety of sports programs for youth and adults year-round. Youth athletic programs teach leadership, fundamentals, sportsmanship, and teamwork in a fun, safe environment. Adult athletic programs consist of a diverse variety of sports to provide competitive league play in a structured environment.
How to Register Online
- Visit our signup website.
- Select the program/activity you want to register for.
- Click the “Enroll Now” button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. If your child has participated in a program offered by Greensboro Parks and Recreation, you should already have an account. If you don’t recall your password, try the “Forgot Password” link, or call the program director. Please do not create another account.
- Select the member or members of your household that will be participating.
- Click “Add to Cart.”
- Click “Pay.”
- Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Enter your payment information and you are registered. Please note there is a $1 convenience fee for each payment processed online.
Youth Registration Requirements
The following documentation is required at the time of registration for all youth sports. You may choose to register in person or online, however please reference the program-specific flyer for online registration availability.
- Completion of the program registration form (if registering in person)
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A copy of the parent/guardian’s PAYS membership card
- Payment of the program registration fee
*Please note that first time participants must register in person for staff to verify age and PAYS membership. Once an account is created, you may choose to register online for future programs (if available).
How to get a PAYS Membership Card
PAYS (Parent Association for Youth Sports) is a membership association of the National Alliance for Youth Sports. The purpose of PAYS is to educate and motivate parents to promote a positive youth sports environment, ensuring a child’s experience is safe, positive and meaningful. Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department requires at least one parent/guardian from each family to be a member of PAYS in order for their child to participate in a youth sport. The membership fee is $5.00. Here are a few ways to obtain a PAYS membership:
- Online - Visit the PAYS website, and follow these instructions.
- In Person - Watch the PAYS video in-person at the Athletic offices located at the Greensboro Sportsplex (2400 16th Street, Greensboro, NC 27405). Please call 336-373-3272 to schedule a time to watch the video.
- Television - Watch the video on Greensboro Television Network (GTN) on the following days and times:
- Monday and Wednesday at 8:30 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays at 8:00 am and 2:00 pm
*Write down the program code and be prepared to provide this information to staff at the time of registration.
Keep up-to-date and share your pictures with us on Facebook.
Better Lives, Better Community. Come Join Us!