Become a member of GYC in four easy steps!
- Step 1: Complete a GYC Application.
- You can e-mail the application to email@example.com or mail it to: GYC, Attn: Membership, PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402.
- Step 2: Attend a GYC Orientation.
- Visit the Calendar page for dates and times.
- Step 3: Pay a one-time $20 membership fee.
- This covers you the entire time you're in high school.
- Step 4: Sign up to start volunteering.
- Visit the Volunteer Opportunities page for online sign ups.
Membership includes: A GYC Shirt, key chain with scan card, quarterly report of hours, and notepad.
It is important that all members actively participate in GYC. Below are the GYC membership requirements that give each member a minimum of 62 hours each year. Dedication is key!
|Earn 10 hours each quarter.
Quarters are two-month periods from September to April.
|2 projects||Volunteer at at least 2 GYC projects each year.
Ideally, one in the fall and one in the spring.
|4 workshops||Attend 4 GYC Institute Workshops each year.
These count as double hours for attending.
|1 meeting||Attend GYC monthly meeting.
Normally held the first Thursday of each month.
Optional opportunities to earn more hours include serving on a committee, donating toys to Santa's Workshops, serving on a project staff, and attending quarterly socials.
GYC values your service. We know your schedule can get busy and thank you for your time. Here are a few ways we recognize our members:
- Gift cards
- Letters of recommendation
- Service learning certificates
- Year-end awards
- Preferred placement for GYC Service Learning Camp and Counselors-in-Training program.
We're happy to answer any questions about membership. Call the GYC Office at 336-373-2738 or e-mail us. We look forward to you joining our team.