Request for Proposals Sought
The City is requesting technical assistance for preparing plans and revising documents in support of the build-out of the Willow Oaks neighborhood, a traditional neighborhood-style development located east of downtown Greensboro.
Project seeks recommendations on the following:
- A revised building program reflecting changes in the residential housing marketplace that have taken place since plans were developed in the early 2000s. Such as:
- Recommendations for continuing single-family home construction as well as low-density multi-family and a sustainable mix of tenure
- Recommended revisions to plan documents including architectural guidelines.
- A strategy for disposing of Redevelopment Commission-owned properties immediately outside Willow Oaks so development in Willow Oaks and surrounding community support each other.
- How to recruit development partners and develop methods to convey property that reduce developer risk and provide an efficient process.
The active engagement of current residents and property owners in Willow Oaks will need to be a part of this process. The City will assist with outreach and meeting logistics, but the consultant will need to demonstrate its ability to communicate market trends and design concepts to the public.