PLANIT GSO is a City initiative designed to spark community conversations about how Greensboro should grow and develop in the future.
This initiative involves you...the public. We want to hear what you think about where Greensboro is now and where you think it could be in the future. Your ideas will be used by our elected officials and City staff to create a framework for updating the City's Comprehensive Plan, "Connections 2025."
Community Speaker Series
Join us as we bring to town nationally known experts in community design and development to highlight the latest trends in cities. Here are the events that are on the horizon.
- "Accessory Dwelling Units: A New/Old Idea that is Reshaping Cities" with Kol Peterson, March 13, 6:30-8 pm, Greensboro Historical Museum
- Parris Glendening
- "Housing Builds Our Economy" March 27, 5:30-7 pm, Greensboro History Museum. Free and open to the public.
- Housing Summit 2018 - Housing Builds Our Economy March 28, 8 am to 4 pm, George K's Catering and Banquet Hall
Here are the events that have taken place so far:
- "Growing an Amazing City: Greensboro" with Geoff Anderson, November 28, 2017
- "Missing Middle: Responding to the Demand for Walkable Urban Living" with Dan Parolek, October 19, 2017
Planning Department staff hosted pop-up PLANIT locations where we asked folks these three questions:
- What makes Greensboro special?
- What needs to change to make Greensboro better?
- In 20 years, I would like Greensboro to be known for…
We have collected more than 1,200 survey responses to these question, and we are getting ready for our next wave of public outreach in the spring. Here is where we have been so far.
- Run for the Greenway, October 27, 2017, downtown Greensboro
- Dream the City, November 29, 2017, McGirt-Horton Library, 2501 Phillips Ave.
- Festival of Lights, December 1, 2017, Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- Greensboro Holiday Parade, December 2, 2017, corner of Greene and Market streets
- Corner Farmers Market, December 9, 2017, corner of Walker and Elam avenues
- The Flea, December 16, 2017, 3223 North O. Henry Blvd.
Stay tuned to PLANIT GSO through our Facebook page