A study has been completed on Mackay Road between Adams Farm Parkway and High Point Road on ways to improve vehicle and pedestrian safety and vehicle capacity. This project involves adding turn lanes, monolithic islands, and sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
- Widening to a five-lane section
- Adding sidewalks along both sides of Mackay Road
- Installing a four-foot concrete monolithic island to the High Point Road approach
- Adding dual left-turn lanes onto High Point Road and on Adams Farm Parkway onto Mackay Road
- Marking extra storage lengths for various turn lanes.
Begin Design - Spring 2017
First Public Meeting - Fall 2017
Second Public Meeting - Spring 2018
Begin Right-of-Way Acquisition - Summer 2018
Begin Construction - Spring 2019
End Construction - Fall 2019
If you have any questions or input about the project, please contact Deniece Conway.