Bond funds will be used to buy, build, improve or otherwise equip City parks and recreation facilities.
- $7 million to complete Phase 4 of the Downtown Greenway and create a bike share program.
- $7 million to extend the Atlantic & Yadkin Greenway by approximately two miles.
- $6 million to make improvements to community recreation centers and neighborhood parks such as Heath Park, Sussman Park, and Steelman Park and to buy land for conservation and development. Funding will also support expansion of additional soccer fields, infrastructure and amenities.
- $5 million to design and build new or upgrade existing park facilities within the Battleground Parks District.
- $4.5 million to complete the Gateway Gardens Visitor’s Center and make upgrades to the Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion and Amphitheater, and Barber Park disc golf course.
- $3 million to improve City tennis facilities, including expanding the Spencer Love Tennis Center and adding pickleball at the Smith Senior Center and other locations.
- $2 million to design and plan a joint facility that will combine the Windsor Community Recreation Center and Vance Chavis Library.