Interested in being a volunteer? Greensboro Public Library needs your help! Contact the branch of your choice below for more information.
- Central, e-mail Carole Brown or call 336-373-2046.
- Vance Chavis, e-mail Ginny Edmondson or call 336-373-5838.
- Glenwood, e-mail Cindy Dye or call 336-297-5000.
- Kathleen Clay Edwards, e-mail Tim Myers or call 336-373-2923.
- Benjamin, e-mail Brandon Bensley or call 336-373-7540.
- McGirt-Horton, e-mail Van Schoolfield or call 336-373-5810.
- Glenn McNairy, e-mail Valerie Floyd or call 336-373-2015.
- Hemphill, e-mail Wes Parker or call 336-373-2925.
Available volunteer opportunities include:
Strengths: Attention to detail and patience.
Duties: Shelving books, straightening shelves and cleaning books.
Summer Reading Assistant
Strengths: Flexibility, reliability and willingness to try new things.
Duties: Help with a variety of programs and classes, register summer readers, and distribute prizes during summer months.
Children's Program Assistant
Strengths: Flexibility, reliability, and enthusiasm for working with children.
Duties: Assist the youth librarian with craft preparation, hands-on activities with children, program set-up and clean-up, and other program-related duties.
Library Services Assistant
Strengths: Flexibility, reliability, attention to detail, and willingness to try new things.
Duties: A variety of duties based on needs of the specific branch, as well as current service opportunities.
Volunteers must complete a volunteer application form and are expected to perform their duties on a regularly scheduled and timely basis. Individual volunteers must be at least 15 years old and those under 18 must have written permission from a parent or guardian to volunteer for the library.
Volunteers are recognized by the public as representatives of the Library and should follow the same work and behavior codes (including dress code) as employees. For additional volunteer guidlines, please see our Volunteer Handbook.
Please view our Volunteer Policy for more information.