Jimmie I. Barber Park
1500 Dans Rd.
Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
- Tennis -- 336-373-5886
- Basketball -- 336-373-4679
- Volleyball -- 336-373-4679
- Room Rental -- 336-373-4679
- Park Office -- 336-373-5892
Hours of Operation:
Barber Park opens daily at 8 am, weather permitting. We are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Park Closing times are as follows:
- 5 pm (January, February, November and December)
- 7 pm (March, April, September and October)
- 8 pm (May, June, July and August)
Park gates will remain open for scheduled sporting events at the Penn-Wright Stadium, and the Simkins Indoor Pavilion that exceed normal park hours.
Features and Amenities:
- Barber Park features the impressive Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion, which provides eight plexi-court tennis courts and four combination basketball / volleyball courts. The Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion is open for play year-round.
- Barber Park is home to the Penn-Wright Baseball Stadium, home field of the Eastern Baseball League, which includes a press box for tournaments, concessions area, and stadium seating.
- Barber Park also has an 18-hole disc golf course that is available to use for free.
- An outdoor amphitheater is available on a rental basis for community concerts, talent shows, and special presentations.
- One-mile Walking Trail
- Six picnic shelters
- Playground and Tot Spot
What's Happening at Jimmie I. Barber Park:
Construction on Phase II of the Barber Park Master Plan is scheduled to begin spring 2015.
Evaluate Our Facility
Please take a few minutes to fill out the online facility survey and provide us with information that will help us better maintain our facilities.