Oka T. Hester Park
3615 Deutzia St.
Greensboro, NC 27407
Hours of Operation:
Hester Park opens at 8 am daily, weather permitting.
The park is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Park Closing times are as follows:
- 5 pm (January, February, November and December)
- 7 pm (March, April, September and October)
- 8 pm (May, June, July and August)
Park Office Hours:
8-9:30 am and 1-4:30 pm
Trotter Center Hours:
9 am to 12 noon and 2-9 pm
Please note: While visiting the park, we request that you do not feed the waterfowl.
Features and Amenities:
What's Happening at Oka T. Hester Park
- Hester Park offers fishermen a 5.7 acre lake equipped with four fishing piers; one designed for physically challenged visitors
- Hester park is the home to a 1.3 mile fitness and exercise trail equipped with 13 fitness stations designed to provide a challenging workout for all skill levels
- Gazebo (available for wedding rentals)
- Five horseshoe pits are spread throughout the park available for public use
- Seven picnic shelters
- Drop-in picnic sites are located throughout the park offering grills and picnic tables to our guests on a first-come basis
- Playgrounds (two)
- Hester Park houses three programmed athletic fields available for rental; please call 336-412-5799 for more information about field reservations
- Sand volleyball court
- Tennis courts (11 courts)
- Loan-a-Rod Program
- Fishing clinics (call park office at 336-373-2937 for more information)
- Hester Park is part of the NC Community Fishing Program. As a participant of this program, catchable-sized channel catfish are stocked in the ponds April through September. The Community Fishing Program allows for catching and keeping up to six catfish per day.
Evaluate Our Facility
Please take a few minutes to fill out the online facility survey and provide us with information that will help us better maintain our facilities.
Hester Park Master Plan Open Discussions
Topic: Hester Park Master Plan
First Meeting: Thursday, July 23, 7-8 pm
Second Meeting: Saturday, July 25, 10-11 am
Location: Trotter Community Recreation Center