Oka T. Hester Park
3615 Deutzia St.
Greensboro, NC 27407
Hours of Operation:
Hester Park opens at 8 am daily, weather permitting.
The park is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Park Closing times are as follows:
- 5 pm (January, February, November and December)
- 7 pm (March, April, September and October)
- 8 pm (May, June, July and August)
Park Office Hours:
8-9:30 am and 1-4:30 pm
Trotter Center Hours:
9 am to 12 noon and 2-9 pm
Please note: While visiting the park, we request that you do not feed the waterfowl.
Features and Amenities:
What's Happening at Oka T. Hester Park
- Hester Park offers fishermen a 5.7 acre lake equipped with four fishing piers; one designed for physically challenged visitors
- Hester park is the home to a 1.3 mile fitness and exercise trail equipped with 13 fitness stations designed to provide a challenging workout for all skill levels
- Gazebo (available for wedding rentals)
- Five horseshoe pits are spread throughout the park available for public use
- Seven picnic shelters
- Drop-in picnic sites are located throughout the park offering grills and picnic tables to our guests on a first-come basis
- Playgrounds (two)
- Hester Park houses three programmed athletic fields available for rental; please call 336-412-5799 for more information about field reservations
- Sand volleyball court
- Tennis courts (11 courts)
- Loan-a-Rod Program
- Fishing clinics (call park office at 336-373-2937 for more information)
- Hester Park is part of the NC Community Fishing Program. As a participant of this program, catchable-sized channel catfish are stocked in the ponds April through September. The Community Fishing Program allows for catching and keeping up to six catfish per day.