Welcome to the Management, Accountability and Performance (MAP) website. The City's MAP plan allows you to see how the City uses your tax dollars to improve the community.
MAP helps the City accomplish its goals by aligning the work of each 'result area' with 'high level indicators,' which show the City's progress in that area. The goal links below list the indicators for each goal and contain information about each indicator for a five-year period. The City’s progress is measured quarterly against these indicators based on City priorities.
All City work plans and objectives, as well as fiscal year budget discussions and preparations, are designed to fulfill these five main organizational goals:
- Goal #1 - Create an environment that promotes economic development opportunities and job creation
- Goal #2 - Maintain infrastructure and provide sustainable growth opportunities
- Goal #3 - Promote public safety and reduce crime
- Goal #4 - Achieve exceptional customer service and a diverse government workforce
- Goal #5 - Ensure fiscal stewardship, transparency and accountability
Each year's adopted budget will determine what resources are put into which result areas to accomplish each goal.
Greensboro, like every government entity, uses certain resources to create its goals. The City used the plans below, all of which incorporated public input, and City Council's priorities – economic development, public safety, infrastructure – to develop its goals:
Your input continues to be valuable to the City. Use MAP information to gain a clearer vision of how the City manages its resources to better serve you. Suggestions? Questions? Contact us.