Create an environment that promotes economic development opportunities and job creation.
The City strives to create an environment that promotes economic development opportunities and job creation. Economic development means strengthening the tax base through new construction and renovation of existing properties, while also working to improve the City’s position as a premiere destination for business relocation, shopping, and entertainment. By attracting and retaining vibrant, diverse, and equitably distributed business enterprises, the City encourages the creation and preservation of well-paying jobs suitable to the workforce.
- Total value of construction (new, rehabilitation, renovation) - Report
- Total number of net new jobs created - Report
- Average wage of all jobs - Report
- Percent of retail sales in Greensboro relative to the Triad region - Report
- Total hotel, motel, and bed and breakfast nights booked - Report
- Average number of days residential properties remain on market prior to sale relative to the Triad region - Report
- Percent of non-residential space (retail, office, industrial) vacant - Report