Dedicated in 1989, Jimmie I. Barber Park is a unique blend of nature and recreation facilities. This park, designed for both active and passive park visitors, is full of natural beauty and creatively designed facilities especially attractive for large group picnics and corporate events.
Barber Park features the impressive Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion, which provides eight plexi-court tennis courts and four combination basketball / volleyball courts. The Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion is open for play year-round.
Barber Park has an official Bronco Baseball Complex / Stadium, home field of the Eastern Baseball League, which includes a press box for tournaments, concessions area, and stadium seating. Barber Park also has an 18-hole disc golf course that is available free. In addition, the outdoor amphitheater is available on a rental basis for community concerts, talent shows and special presentations.
Park activities include:
- Six handicap accessible picnic shelters with grills
- 18-hole disc golf course
- Children's playground and tot spot
- Nature, hiking, and bicycle trails
- Sprayground (available Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Concession Stand
Picnic Shelter Information
To get the shelter of your choice, we strongly recommend that you reserve it. A reservation ensures that your group will have the shelter of your choice on the day that you choose. We accept cash, checks, Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express.
Guilford County School groups receive a discount and must call the office at 336-373-5888 to make a reservation.
Jimmie I. Barber Park
1500 Dan's Rd., Greensboro, NC 27401
- Indoor Pavilion: Tennis 336-373-5886
- Basketball, Volleyball, Meeting 336-373-4679 or 336-373-3272
- Bronco Stadium 336-373-2457
- Park Office: 336-373-5892
- Shelter Reservations: 336-373-5888