Reserve your shelter with our online reservation system.
Opened in 1934, Country Park is recognized as a National Historical Landmark. Country Park’s history dates back as part of the Battle of Guilford Courthouse site during the Revolutionary War.
Country Park has many special features that allow persons of all abilities to participate in year-round recreational activities. The park staff works to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) recommendations and guidelines.
Picnic Shelter Information
- Accessible fishing dock.
- Fishing clinics for people with special abilities and needs (by appointment).
- Accessible playground and restrooms.
- Accessible picnic shelter (shelter # 9).
- Staff is provided on evenings, weekends, and holidays to assist patrons with park access as needed or requested.
- All Persons’ Handicap Access Nature Trail - Hiking trails are being re-designed to comply with ADA guidelines for those using wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
- Due to Country Park gates being closed for drive-through traffic on weekends and holidays, a tram service is provided to transport you to your shelter area. The service runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Pedal boats are available to rent from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
To get the shelter of your choice, we strongly recommend that you reserve it. A reservation ensures that your group will have the shelter of your choice on the day that you choose. We accept cash, checks, Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express. Guilford County School groups receive a discount and must call the office at 336-373-5888
to make a reservation.
To make a reservation
3905 Nathanael Greene Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27455
- Park Office: 336-373-3648
- Shelter Reservations: 336-373-5888
- Fax Number: 336-373-2060