Serving Learning and Leadership Opportunities
GYC offers service learning opportunities through leadership roles as executive board member, project chair and project staff. These positions require more time and dedication than a GYC volunteer opportunity. All positions receive assistance from a GYC advisor to successfully run their area and you do not have to be a GYC member to hold a position, though membership is strongly encouraged.
We are considered a service learning provider through Guilford County Schools for those working toward a Service Learning Diploma or Certificate. Learn more about Guilford County School's Service Learning requirements.
Below are GYC's leadership opportunities.
They will remain open until filled unless a deadline is provided.
GYC Project Staff
Are you into fashion and love putting on a big production? Apply to be a part of the Fashion Show Staff! The GYC Fashion Show has a new theme each year. This year's theme is on 90's music and fashion.
Staff can earn 20-60 service learning hours during the project term from December to March 2018.
Download the application to be a member of the Fashion Show Staff!
Learn duties and procedures of the position. Work with assistants and volunteers in running their designated area.
- Show Director - Secures and manages the models. Coordinates rehearsals, creates a show schedule, assists with selecting the fashions.
- Backstage and Props Director - Creates props for the show. Coordinates prop work days and manages backstage volunteers.
Work with Area Leaders to coordinate and run designated area.
- Chair Assistant - Recruits volunteers for the event and stands in the place of the Fashion Show Chair as needed.
- Show Director Assistant - Assists in managing models and the details of the show. Ensure models enter and exit stage on cue.
- Backstage and Props Assistant (2 needed) - Assists in making props. Helps ensure correct props are used for scenes and lighting and music cues are correct.