Do you have a concern about an overgrown lot or other potential health or safety hazards? Please enter a complaint (see Submit a Complaint below) and one of our inspectors will be assigned to investigate.
Check out these examples of common ordinance violations.
Typical Property Upkeep Issues:
• Auto parts in yard
• Appliances in yard
• Abundance of animal feces from pets
• Broken windows or doors
• Building materials throughout yard
• Fire damage at property
• Furniture or other household items in yard
• Overgrown lawn (grass/weeds taller than 12 inches)
• Piles of brush, tree limbs, or other yard waste
• Standing water on grounds
Submit a Complaint – To submit a complaint about any of the conditions listed above, you may:
• E-mail us
• Call the Code Compliance Office at 336-373-2111
or the City's Contact Center at 336-373-CITY (2489)
• Send a letter addressed to: City of Greensboro
Code Compliance Office
300 W. Washington St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
An inspector will then be assigned to investigate your complaint. You can also request an inspection (for housing, nuisance, or vehicle complaints), review the status of your complaint, or search for active or archived cases using the online Code Compliance tracking system
. To review the process for Property Upkeep complaints, please visit the Procedures Manual
page and click on "Lot Clean-Up Procedures