According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, "anger" is an intense emotional state induced by displeasure. Anger is a normal, healthy emotion. It lets us know when something is wrong and makes us take action. But when anger gets out of control, people may become hostile or violent.
Did You Know...
People get angry for the following reasons:
What You Can Do...
- To get attention
- To force others to get what they want
- To lash out if they are feeling disrespected or treated unfairly
- Because they don't know how to express their emotions
- To tease others
- Because they feel an adrenaline rush
- Admit that you are angry
- Deal with it
- Brush it off
- Identify and understand the cause, then walk away
- Get a new perspective
- Vent to your friends and family
- Redirect your anger and learn how to manage conflicts
Most of the information above was obtained from the National Crime Prevention Council.