The City needs your input on its efforts
to remove barriers that may exist to better meet ADA compliance.
Please take a few minutes to take this survey.
Or, if you prefer, please print out this simplified comment form,
fill it out and return it to us as directed.
Thank you! Your input will help the City update its ADA Transition Plan.
You may also want to attend either of these public input meetings about our efforts:
6 pm Tuesday, September 27
Central Library, 219 N. Church St.
10 am Thursday, October 6
Police Patrol District 4
1106 Maple St.
Any individual with a disability who needs an interpreter, other auxiliary aids or services to participate
in a meeting should call Donna Gray, ADA coordinator, at 336-373-2723, 3-5 days prior to the event.
The Community Relations Division partners with community members in navigating City services to resolve concerns, creating long-term positive relationships throughout our communities. Division staff uses a well-established network of internal and external resources to provide support for our residents and businesses.
We are here to:
- Administer and facilitate the premier government educational program, City Academy. This two-and-a-half month program teaches participants about all aspects of City government, while seeking to develop future leaders and build a better community through well-informed and civically engaged residents.
- Ensure all residents and visitors have equal access to City services and facilities.
- Serve as the City’s representative on the Mayor’s Committee for Persons with Disabilities. Watch this short video. Interested in volunteering? E-mail Donna Gray or call 336-373-2723.
- Manage the City's compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which includes auditing City facilities, programs and services for accessibility. To report a concern about a City facility, e-mail Donna Gray or call 336-373-2723.
- Offer neighborhood and community support. Staff members attend neighborhood and business association meetings to assist with questions regarding City services and help resolve related concerns. They also coordinate neighborhood walks. To request a staff member attend your upcoming meeting or request a neighborhood walk, e-mail Community Relations or call 336-373-2723.