The Parking Operations is responsible for all City-owned parking and parking enforcement in the Central Business District (CBD). This includes four parking decks, seven surface lots (with metered and monthly spaces), and on-street metered parking. The division is also responsible for daily operations and maintenance of parking deck facilities, operations and maintenance of surface lots, response to customer complaints, installation and maintenance of parking meters, revenue collections from parking meters, installation and maintenance of a debit card transaction system, installation of traffic counters, and parking enforcement in the CBD, as well as UNCG and NC A&T State University areas.
Downtown Parking Brochure
Helpful Tips for Using Parking Decks
- Arrive early to use lower level parking, which is more convenient to businesses and merchants.
- Exit the deck before closing time while an attendant is on duty. If the attendant's office is closed, the exit gates will automatically raise.
- Remember that parking is free at all four City-owned decks after 6 pm entry.
- Drive slowly through the parking decks.
- Be courteous to your fellow parkers.
- Pay attention to signs. They are placed in strategic locations to assist you in maneuvering successfully through the deck.
- Monthly card holders can exit through any designated exit lane at the decks. Customers who take a parking ticket when entering the deck must exit through a lane staffed by an attendant. An attendant must process your exit whether you are paying cash, using validation stamps, or if a local merchant has stamped your ticket.
- When parking your vehicle, make sure it is parked between the lines of the designated parking space.
- Remember, if we receive complaints for parking issues (out of space, taking two spaces, etc.), a Parking Enforcement Officer will be called.
Frequently Asked Questions