Community and homeowner safety is a priority. The City of Greensboro and Duke Energy Company encourage customers to report non-working or damaged street lights.
To report a street light outage, contact the City's Contact Center at 373-CITY (2489) or you can enter a request on the Online Services Request Form.
Instructions for Reporting by Telephone
Before calling the Contact Center, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name, phone number, section, date and time.
- The location (nearest address, block number, intersection) of the street light that is being reported. Example:
- Third street light on Andrew Street from Arlington Street to Vance Street
- 105 Patton Ave.
- Intersection of Burtner Street / Caldwell Street.
- Detailed directions from a major street or intersection.
- The type of problem (street light out, light cycles on and off, fixture or bulb damaged, etc.)
Call Contact Center 373-CITY (2489) or enter a request on the Online Services Request Form.