Application Eligibility: GPCA Guidelines
In order to provide an experience that is meaningful and conducive to learning, GPCA session size is limited to 25 participants.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the City of Greensboro.
2. You must agree to a background check. Any conviction of a violent crime against a person (e.g. aggravated assault, rape, murder, sexual assault), disqualifies you from being accepted into the Academy. Any other felony conviction within seven years of the Academy start date also disqualifies you.
3. If you are in the process of being hired by GPD, you may not attend the Academy.
4. You agree to hold the City of Greensboro harmless for any personal injury or property damage, and affirm to such by signing a general waiver. (Academy participants are required to sign a general waiver and Ride-Along Program waiver.)
Complete and submit the application to the Greensboro Police Department:
Submit your application online:
Print your application and submit via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 336-373-7721
- Mail to: Greensboro Police Department, Attn. Sue Davis, PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402.
Questions? Call Sue Davis at 336-373-2636.