When you plug into the power of BetterBuildings for Greensboro (BBG), you receive:
- An energy saver power pack with energy saving light bulbs, a low-flow showerhead, and an energy saving power strip
- A grant for upgrades that are projected to save you at least 15 percent off your utility bill. Those upgrades typically include:
- air and draft sealing
- ductwork sealing
- ductwork insulating
- attic, door and wall insulating knee wall support
- outside ducted kitchen and bath exhaust fans retrofitting (to meet federal ventilation and moisture management standards)
- low cost financing (optional)
After you apply and receive your grant approval letter, follow these four easy steps:
Your Home Energy Response Officer (HERO) will meet with you to go over program details.
Select a pre-screened assessor/contractor to perform an energy assessment of your home.
Sign off on the recommended upgrades covered by the grant and schedule the work. The goal is to cut your projected energy use by at least 15 percent.
Once the upgrades are complete, a BBG team member will inspect the work and verify it meets BBG standards. You do not have to worry -- BBG will pay the contractor directly. This grant is not a loan; there is nothing to repay.
Looking to make a greater impact?
Make more energy upgrades to save even more money and make your home even more comfortable year-round! BBG can help with loans with rates as low as 2 percent combined with less stringent lending requirements.
Ask your BBG HERO for details or contact Caitlin Warren at 336-373-2749.