City Closes Offices and Facilities in Observance of Veterans’ Day
City offices are closed on Friday, November 10 in observance of Veterans’ Day. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Friday, November 10. That day’s collections take place on Thursday, November 9 and Thursday’s take place on Wednesday, November 8.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Friday, November 10.
• The Greensboro History Museum and all branches of the Greensboro Public Library system are closed on Friday, November 10.
• The Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) operates on a normal schedule on Friday, November 10.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and the weekend. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Greensboro Parks and Recreation administrative offices, recreation centers, Smith Senior Center, MainStream Resources, City Beautiful, Greensboro Youth Council, City Arts, Greensboro Cultural Center, and Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center will be closed on Friday, November 10. All City parks, gardens, trails, lakes, cemeteries, Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion, and Gillespie Golf Course will be open. Regular operational hours for all programs and facilities resume on Saturday, November 11.