City offices are closed on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25, as well as Tuesday, January 1, 2013 for the holidays. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• Trash and recycling collections remain the same on Monday, December 24, but Tuesday, December 25 collections take place on Wednesday, December 26. Collections on Tuesday, January 1 take place on Wednesday, January 2.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are both closed on Tuesday, December 25 and Tuesday, January 1.
• The Greensboro Public Library system and the Greensboro Historical Museum are closed on Monday and Tuesday, December 24-25, and Tuesday, January 1.
• Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) is operating on the following schedule for the holidays:
~ Monday, December 24 – hourly service, 6 am to 6 pm
~ Tuesday, December 25 – no service
~ Monday, December 31 – hourly service, 6 am to 6 pm
~ Tuesday, January 1 – no service
• Parks and Recreation administrative offices, parks and facilities are operating on an altered holiday schedule. Visit www.greensboro-nc.gov/PRSchedule to see the complete listing.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and on weekends. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
The City works with the community to improve the quality of life for residents through inclusion, diversity, and trust. As the seventh largest employer in Greensboro, the City has a professional staff of about 3,000 employees who maintain the values of honesty, integrity, stewardship, and respect. The City is governed by a council-manager form of government with a mayor and eight council members. For more information on the City, visit www.greensboro-nc.gov or call 373-CITY (2489).