Skip to page body Home I Want To... City News City Government Living Visiting Business and Development
News Review
City Water/Nuisance Liens Published Online
Posted Date: 3/24/2017 11:30 AM

Each year in March, the City advertises in a local newspaper delinquent water and assessment accounts owed by residential and commercial customers. As part of the City’s ongoing efforts to recoup these past-due payments, it is posting the fourth round of lists of overdue accounts here:

State law (General Statute 105-369) requires the City to advertise liens on real property in case further action on a property, such as foreclosure, is eventually needed.

Water lien payments can be made online. Payments may also be made in person at the Collections Division, Room 11, Upper Ground Level, Melvin Municipal Office Building, 300 W. Washington St., or at the J. Edward Kitchen Operations Center, 2602 S. Elm-Eugene St.

For nuisance abatements/boarding-up of unsafe structures/demolition of structure liens, payments may be made in person at the Collections Division at the Melvin Municipal Office Building or the J. Edward Kitchen Operations Center.

Payments for either type of liens may also be made by mail. See your specific bill for the appropriate mailing address.

For more information about City assessments, visit this Web page. On that page is also a link to the City’s online assessment and water lien search portal, where you can find pending and active assessments and water liens on specific properties.

For more information about these liens, call the City’s Collections Division at 336-373-2310.