City offices are closed on Friday, April 14 in observance of Good Friday. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Friday, April 14. Friday’s collections take place Thursday, April 13, and Thursday’s collections take place Wednesday, April 12. All other collections remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are both closed on Friday, April 14.
• The Greensboro Historical Museum and the Greensboro Public Libraries are closed on Friday, April 14 and Sunday, April 16.
• On Friday, April 14, the Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) will run a Saturday schedule with hourly frequency except for Route 17-Lawndale Drive, which will not operate. HEAT will also run on a Saturday schedule with no service on Routes 73 or 75.
• Emergency services are available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Greensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, Greensboro Cultural Center, Greensboro Youth Council, City Beautiful, Smith Senior Center, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, and Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion will be closed Friday, April 14 through Sunday, April 16. City recreation centers and City Arts will be closed Friday, April 14 and Sunday, April 16. The Greensboro Sportsplex will be closed on Sunday, April 16. City parks, gardens, lakes, trails, cemeteries, and Gillespie Golf Course will be open to the public on their normal operating schedules. All programs and facilities resume regular operational hours on Monday, April 17.