Residents ages 14 and older may vote for Greensboro’s Participatory Budgeting (PB) project proposals from October 23 to November 18. Voters can learn more about the proposed projects that will be on the ballots at an Expo and Kickoff event from 4:30-7:30 pm Tuesday, October 17, in the plaza level of the Melvin Municipal Office Building, 300 W. Washington St.
PB is a process that allows residents to decide how to spend $500,000 worth of public funds.
New this year - Residents can vote at any of the polling locations and times; there is no need to vote in your City Council District.
Voting times and locations:
• October 23, 2:30-5:30 pm, Hemphill Library, 2301 W. Vandalia Rd.
• October 25, 6:30-8:30 pm, Glenwood Recreation Center, 2010 Coliseum Blvd.
• October 26, 5:30-8:30 pm, Leonard Recreation Center, 6324 Ballinger Rd.
• October 28, 9-11 am, Lewis Recreation Center, 3110 Forest Lawn Dr.
• November 1, 6:30-8:30 pm, Windsor Recreation Center, 1601 E. Gate City Blvd.
• November 2, 5:30-8:30 pm, Lindley Recreation Center, 2907 Springwood Dr.
• November 4, 9-11 am, McGirt-Horton Library, 2501 Phillips Ave.
• November 9, 5:30-8:30 pm, Benjamin Library, 1530 Benjamin Pkwy.
• November 15, 6:30-8:30 pm, Glenwood Recreation Center, 2010 Coliseum Blvd.
• November 17, 5:30-8:30 pm, Central Library, 219 N. Church St.
Visit this PB website for more information.
Note: The PB voting cycle is not affiliated with Greensboro municipal election, in which members of City Council are elected by registered voters. For information about the City Council election, contact the Guilford County Board of Elections.