|Share your ideas and suggestions at a public hearing during the next City Council meeting, scheduled for 5 pm Tuesday, October 3, in Council Chamber, Melvin Municipal Office Building, 300 W. Washington St.
The Greensboro Police Department (GPD) wants your input on how to use grant money. The department
is applying for approximately $209,245 for FY 2017-18 as part of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant. This grant provides critical funding for things such as:
- Law enforcement programs
- Prosecution and court programs, including indigent defense
- Prevention and education programs
- Corrections and community corrections programs
- Drug treatment and enforcement programs
- Planning, evaluation, and technology improvement programs
- System upgrades (hardware/software), including potential upgrades necessary for state, territories, units of local government and/or tribes to come into compliance with the FBI’s UCR Redevelopment Project (UCRRP)
- Developing or sustaining state compatible incident-based reporting systems.