City offices are closed on Friday, April 3 in observance of Good Friday. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections takes place on Friday, April 3. Friday’s collections take place Thursday, April 2, and Thursday’s collections take place Wednesday, April 1. All other collections remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are both closed on Friday, April 3.
• The Greensboro Historical Museum and the Greensboro Public Library are both closed on Friday, April 3 and Sunday, April 5.
• On Friday, April 3, the Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) will run a Saturday schedule from 6 am to 10 pm. HEAT will also run on a Saturday schedule.
• Emergency services are available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days and week. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• The Greensboro Cultural Center, Greensboro Youth Council, City Beautiful, Smith Senior Center, and the Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion will be closed Friday, April 3 - Sunday, April 5. City recreation centers, City Arts, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, and Greensboro Parks and Recreation administrative offices are closed on Friday, April 3. Griffin Recreation Center will be closed on Friday, April 3 and Sunday, April 5. City parks, gardens, lakes, trails, cemeteries, and the Greensboro Sportsplex will be open to the public. Gillespie Golf Course is operating on a normal schedule April 3-5. All programs and facilities resume regular operational hours on Monday, April 6.
The City works with the community to improve the quality of life for residents through inclusion, diversity, and trust. It has a professional staff of about 3,000 employees who maintain the values of honesty, integrity, stewardship, and respect. The City is governed by a council-manager form of government with a mayor and eight council members. For more information on the City, visit www.greensboro-nc.gov or call 373-CITY (2489).