|City of Greensboro offices and facilities are closed Thursday, November 26, and Friday, November 27, in observance of Thanksgiving. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Thursday, November 26. That day’s collections take place a day earlier on Wednesday, November 25. Collections on Friday, November 27 remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Thursday, November 26. Regular hours resume Friday, November 27.
• All branches of the Greensboro Public Library system and the Greensboro Historical Museum are closed Thursday, November 26, and Friday, November 27. Regular hours resume Saturday, November 28.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and the weekend. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• The Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, Smith High School Indoor Pool, Greensboro Cultural Center, City Arts, Smith Senior Center, MainStream Resources, Greensboro Youth Council, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, Greensboro Beautiful, and Greensboro Parks & Recreation administrative offices are closed for the Thanksgiving holidays on November 26 and 27. The City’s recreation centers are closed Thursday, November 26 and will be open from 9 am to 6 pm on Friday, November 27. Lake Townsend, Lake Brandt, and Lake Higgins are closed Thursday, November 26 and will re-open Friday, November 27. City cemeteries are open, but no services are allowed on Thanksgiving Day. Barber, Hester and Keeley parks are closed Thanksgiving Day only. Country Park closes after the “Gobbler Run” for the remainder of Thanksgiving Day and re-opens Friday, November 27. Gillespie Golf Course will operate from 8:30 am to 4 pm on Thanksgiving Day and resume normal operating hours on Friday, November 27. City cemeteries, public gardens, and City trails are open to the public.
• On Wednesday, November 26, there will be reduced service on route 73 and no service on route 75. There is no GTA or SCAT service on Thursday, November 26. On Friday, November 27, GTA and SCAT run on a Saturday schedule. HEAT will not provide service Thursday through Sunday. All services return to normal on Monday, November 30.
For more information, call 336-373-CITY (2489).