|City of Greensboro offices and facilities are closed on Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The services and facilities below will operate on a holiday schedule.
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste or appliance collections take place on Monday, July 4. Monday’s collections take place Tuesday, July 5, and Tuesday’s collections take place Wednesday, July 6. All other collections remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are both closed on Monday, July 4.
• The Greensboro Historical Museum and the Greensboro Public Libraries are both closed on Monday, July 4.
• Greensboro Transit Authority will operate hourly service from 6 am to 10 pm on Monday, July 4. GTCC will not be served by Route 11 on Monday, July 4. Some downtown bus stops will be affected during holiday activities. GTA administrative offices will also be closed on Monday, July 4.
• Emergency services are available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Community recreation centers, ENERGY at the Park summer playground program, Greensboro Cultural Center, Smith Senior Center, Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, Greensboro Youth Council, City Beautiful, MainStream Resources and Parks and Recreation administrative offices are closed Monday, July 4. City swimming pools, spraygrounds, parks, gardens, lakes, trails, cemeteries and Gillespie Golf Course are open to the public on their regular operating schedules throughout the weekend and Monday, July 4. All facilities resume normal operating hours Tuesday, July 5.