|City of Greensboro offices and facilities are closed Thursday, November 27, and Friday, November 28, in observance of Thanksgiving. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Thursday, November 27. That day’s collections take place a day earlier on Wednesday, November 26. Collections on Friday, November 28 remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Thursday, November 27. Regular hours resume Friday, November 28.
• All branches of the Greensboro Public Library system and the Greensboro Historical Museum are closed Thursday, November 27, and Friday, November 28. Regular hours resume Saturday, November 29.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and the weekend. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, Smith High School Indoor Pool, Greensboro Cultural Center, City Arts, Smith Senior Center, MainStream Resources, Greensboro Youth Council, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, Greensboro Beautiful, and Greensboro Parks & Recreation administrative offices are closed for the Thanksgiving holidays on November 27 and 28. The City’s recreation centers are closed Thursday, November 27 and will be open from 9 am to 6 pm on Friday, November 28. Lake Townsend, Lake Brandt, and Lake Higgins are closed Thursday, November 27 and will re-open Friday, November 28. City cemeteries are open. Barber, Hester and Keeley parks are closed Thanksgiving Day only. Country Park closes after the “Gobbler Run” for the remainder of Thanksgiving Day and re-opens Friday, November 29. Gillespie Golf Course will operate from 8 am to 3 pm on Thanksgiving Day and resume normal operating hours on Friday, November 28. City cemeteries, public gardens, and City trails are open to the public.
• There is no GTA service on Thursday, November 27, but SCAT provides service from 5:15 am to 12 noon for medical trips only. On Friday, November 28, GTA and SCAT run on a Saturday schedule from 6 am to 10 pm. Beginning Saturday, November 29, GTA and SCAT run-on the regular Saturday schedule. HEAT will not provide service Thursday through Sunday. All services return to normal on Monday, December 1.
For more information, call 336-373-CITY (2489).
The City works with the community to improve the quality of life for residents through inclusion, diversity, and trust. It has a professional staff of about 3,000 employees who maintain the values of honesty, integrity, stewardship, and respect. The City is governed by a council-manager form of government with a mayor and eight council members. For more information on the City, visit www.greensboro-nc.gov or call 373-CITY (2489).