Skip to page body Home I Want To... City News City Government Living Visiting Business and Development

Submit a Privilege License Application online.

Print a blank Privilege License Application

Business owners who have a City privilege license may now renew their licenses online.
From that page, either submit your renewal and pay online or print your renewal and mail it to us.
Payments can also be received at the City's Collections Division in Room 11, UG level,
Melvin Municipal Office Building, 300 W. Washington St.

City announces upcoming changes in Privilege Licensing process

Watch this video about how to obtain a privilege license. 

In addition to obtaining a privilege license, every person licensed as an electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, mechanical, refrigeration, HVAC or concrete contractor must also file a bond in the amount of $2,000 and every person licensed as a demolition, grading or house moving contractor must file a bond in the amount of $5,000 on a City Bond Form. 

The bond form must be either mailed or delivered in person to the City's Collections Division.

Mailing address
    Collections Division
    PO Box 26118
    Greensboro, NC 27402-6118

Street address
    Collections Division
    Room 11, UG Level
    Melvin Municipal Office Building
    300 W. Washington St.

Last updated: 6/23/2014 9:20:21 AM