Request for Proposals Sought
The City is requesting technical assistance for preparing plans and revising documents in support of the build-out of the Willow Oaks neighborhood, a traditional neighborhood-style development located east of downtown Greensboro.
Read the Request for Proposals and e-mail us your proposal by 4 pm May 20.
Questions? Contact Russ Clegg, 336-373-2211.
Project seeks recommendations on the following:
- A revised building program reflecting changes in the residential housing marketplace that have taken place since plans were developed in the early 2000s. Such as:
- Recommendations for continuing single-family home construction as well as low-density multi-family and a sustainable mix of tenure
- Recommended revisions to plan documents including architectural guidelines.
- A strategy for disposing of Redevelopment Commission-owned properties immediately outside Willow Oaks so development in Willow Oaks and surrounding community support each other.
- How to recruit development partners and develop methods to convey property that reduce developer risk and provide an efficient process.
The active engagement of current residents and property owners in Willow Oaks will need to be a part of this process. The City will assist with outreach and meeting logistics, but the consultant will need to demonstrate its ability to communicate market trends and design concepts to the public.
Minority and Women's Business Enterprise Program Plan & Contractor Affidavit
Morningside Homes/Lincoln Grove Redevelopment Plan
Willow Oaks Traditional Neighborhood Development Plan, January 2001 (as amended)
Willow Oaks Charrette Book
Willow Oaks Plan Book
Willow Oaks Design Standards and Guidelines
Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCRs)
2010 GHDP Assumption from GHA
Previous Public Input