The purpose of the football cheerleading program is to provide an opportunity for youth ages 7 to 12 to participate in an organized and structured activity that parallels the football program during the fall season. We measure success on the skills a participant develops and the amount of fun they are having. Emphasis is placed on safety, team work, socialization, skill development and having fun.
- Youth Football Cheerleading is offered during Football Season at Glenwood Center, Leonard Center, Lewis Center, Peeler Center, Trotter Center, Warnersville Center, and Windsor Center.
- Registration is completed at the Parks and Recreation Headquarters, 2400 16th St., or online by following the instructions below.
- Cost is $50 per child. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Late registration is $65 after July 21.
- This program has age requirements. Age is determined as of August 31. The Athletics Section reserves the right to assign cheerleaders outside of their district to form teams.
- Pee-Wee (7-8 years old)
- Mites (9-10 years old)
- Midget (11-12 years old)
- Program Flyer
- End of Season Showcase Flyer
Online Registration - New!
This year you may register your child online. Please note: District teams are formed using the legal address of the primary guardian. You must still complete a registration form/waiver and show your PAYS card and birth certificate. Please follow the steps below to sign up your child.
- Click on your Recreation Center
- Select the appropriate age category for your child.
- Click the "Enroll Now" button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. If your child has attended a program at a center this year, you already have an account. Try the "Forgot Password" link or call your center. Please do not create another account.
- Select the member or members of your household that will be participating.
- Click "Add to Cart."
- Click "Pay."
- Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Enter your payment information and you are registered. Please note there is a $1 convenience fee for each payment processed online.