Bond funds will be used to buy, build, improve or otherwise equip urban renewal and community development projects. The programs funded are meant to induce redevelopment, increase employment and economic development, prevent crime, and preserve older neighborhoods.
- $25 million for improvements to downtown streets, including new sidewalks, landscaping, and lighting. The initiative would improve Elm, Davie, Church, Bellemeade, and Summit streets, as well as Gate City Boulevard.
- $4.5 million to complete the South Elm Street Redevelopment Plan, including streetscape improvements and financial support for a rental complex of approximately 250 apartments.
- $4 million to provide streetscape, water, sewer and stormwater improvements for infill redevelopment projects.
- $2 million for improvements to the Martin Luther King Jr. Drive redevelopment area, including street and stormwater improvements and financial support for approximately 250 mixed-income rental housing.
- $2 million to create a new program for streetscape, water, sewer and stormwater improvements to areas of East Greensboro.
- $1 million to assist returning vacant lots in Ole Asheboro to single family homes for low and moderate income families. This project would affect approximately 20 homes.