PlanIT GSO is a City initiative designed to spark community conversations about how Greensboro should grow and develop in the future.
This initiative involves you...the public. We want to hear from you what you think where Greensboro is now and where you think it could be in the future. Your ideas will be used by our elected officials and City staff to create a framework for updating the City's Comprehensive Plan, "Connections 2025".
Planning Department staff are hosting pop-up PlanIT locations where we ask folks these three questions and log all the answers:
What makes Greensboro special?
|Unable to attend a pop-up event?
Send us your answers to the questions.
- What needs to change to make Greensboro better?
- In 20 years, I would like Greensboro to be known for…
Look for our planners here:
- Dream the City, November 29, 3:30 pm, McGirt-Horton Library, 2501 Phillips Ave.
- Festival of Lights, December 1, 5 pm, Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- Greensboro Holiday Parade, December 2, 11 am, corner of Greene and Market streets
- Corner Farmers Market, December 9, 8 am, corner of Walker and Elam avenues
- The Flea, December 16, 10 am, 3223 North O. Henry Blvd.
Community Speaker Series
This brings to town nationally known experts in community design and development to highlight the latest trends in cities. Here are the events that have taken place so far:
"Growing an Amazing City: Greensboro" with Geoff Anderson, November 28
"Missing Middle: Responding to the Demand for Walkable Urban Living" with Dan Parolek, October 19