In the downtown municipal service district, trash collection is provided seven days per week.
Trash collection in the municipal service district, also known as the central business district (CBD), takes place Mondays through Sundays. View downtown trash collection information.
Downtown Refuse Collection Guidelines
- Trash collection occurs Mondays through Sundays.
- Trash should be placed in sealed garbage bags or 32-gallon trash cans.
- Cans/bags should be out for collection by 5 am.
- Each container should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Appointments are required for the collection of yard waste and bulk trash (large items like file cabinets). Appointments may be scheduled by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).
- Large waste generators, such as restaurants, may be required to use dumpsters. Dumpster service is available from the City for a fee.
- Recycling should be placed in the City's official green bags. For more information or to request a supply of bags, call 336-373-CITY (2489).