Skip to page body Home I Want To... City News City Government Living Visiting Business and Development

Existing townhome communities that receive private trash collection service may be eligible to convert to City service if they meet certain eligibility criteria. There is a minimum 15-month waiting period before City service can begin.

Before any city can take over private solid waste collection service, it must publish notice of its intention in the local newspaper and place the issue for discussion on the City Council agenda. In addition, municipalities "may not commence the actual provisions of these services for a period of 15 months from the date of the first publication of notice, unless the unit of local government provides compensation to the displaced private company."

For more information, visit our frequently asked questions.

Last updated: 10/31/2014 5:16:13 PM