The Field Operations Department 2017-18 Loose Leaf Collection Program takes place as follows:
- First collection begins Tuesday, November 7 and ends Friday, December 22.
- Second collection begins Thursday, December 28 and ends Friday, January 26.
It’s easy to use the Leaf Collection Program. Follow these tips:
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard behind the curb -- not in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Remove sticks, rocks, and other debris that may damage City equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
Find out where your neighborhood is on the pick-up schedule by using this interactive map.
Watch this video about the City's Loose Leaf Program.
The leaf collection schedule may change due to inclement weather.
The program does not service private streets.
The leaf collection program helps keep leaves from blocking storm drains and prevents decaying leaves from polluting our lakes and streams. The collected leaves are made into compost to fertilize City gardens and landscaped areas.
You may purchase the compost at the White Street Landfill, 2503 White St., or by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).
Do you prefer to use the City’s year-round yard waste program? Simply put your leaves in clear plastic bags or in a plastic or metal garbage can and set them at the curb on your regular trash collection day.