The Field Operations Department conducts its annual Loose Leaf Collection Program from November 13 to January 26, 2013.
Leaves that are curbside by:
- November 13 will be picked up by December 21.
- December 26 will be picked up by January 26, 2013.
The leaf collection program helps keep leaves from blocking storm drains and prevents decaying leaves from polluting our lakes and streams. The collected leaves are made into compost to fertilize City gardens and landscaped areas. Residents may purchase the compost at the White Street Landfill, 2503 White Street or by calling 373-2489.
It’s easy to use the Leaf Collection Program. Follow these tips:
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard behind the curb - not in the street.
- Remove sticks, rocks, and other debris that may damage City equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
Greensboro residents can also use the City’s year-round yard waste program. Simply put your leaves in clear plastic bags or in a plastic or metal garbage can and set them at the curb on your regular trash collection day.
The leaf collection schedule may change due to inclement weather. The program does not service private streets.
More than 13,089 tons of leaves were collected during the 2011-12 program.