The Financial Services Division includes General Accounting/Payroll, Collections, Financial Reporting and Treasury Management.
The division consists of 42 staff members who carry out the duties of the office in accordance with the NC Local Government Fiscal Control Act.
Staff members assist and serve customers in the following ways
- Collect funds due (Collections)
- Issue Business Privilege Licenses (Collections)
- Issue Business Permits (Collections)
- Maintain an accounting and reporting system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (Accounting)
- Provide full payroll services (Accounting)
- Coordinate audit services (Accounting)
- Monitor banking and investments (Treasury Management)
- Issue debt and secondary market disclosures (Financial Reporting)
- Oversee risk management program (Financial Reporting)
- Provide grant financial assistance (Financial Reporting)
- Prepare City's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (Financial Reporting)
- Develop long-range financial plans (Administrative Services)