The Greensboro Public Library circulates books, videos, CDs, and DVDs to anyone with a valid Greensboro Public Library card. Some restrictions apply.
- General adult and juvenile books check out for 21 days.
- New adult books check out for 14 days.
- Some popular or high demand materials check out for seven days.
- Videos, music CDs and DVDs check out for seven days.
- Multi-disc DVDs, defined as items with three or more DVDs, may be checked out for 14 days, and cannot be renewed.
Books may be renewed up to three times as long as there are no requests for them from other library customers. Videos, DVDs and CDs may be renewed only once.
Adult books ~ 15 cents per day
7-day / 14-day books ~ 50 cents per day
Children's books ~ 5 cents per day
Books on Tape ~ 50 cents per day
Videotapes ~ 50 cents per day
CDs and DVDs ~ 50 cents per day
Materials kept 42 days past the due date will be sent to a third-party collection agency and a $10 processing fee will be assessed.
If the list price is known, the fee is that price. If the list price is unknown, the fees are as follows:
Adult hardback ~ $30
Children's hardback ~ $20
Adult paperback ~ $15
Children's paperback ~ $10
Audio books ~ $10 to $13
Rebinding (per item) ~ $7
Replacement Library Card ~ $1
Call any branch of the Library to renew your books or renew them online using Horizon.