To locate specific events at a specific location,
Zoning Commission Meeting - Electronic
- Date: 06/15/2020 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Online Meeting
This meeting will be held electronically and is open to the public. The meeting can still be viewed as normal via the Greensboro Television Network (GTN) or online here.
To address the Zoning Commission about items on this meeting's agenda, follow these steps:
- Email public comments to Planning Luke Carter or Mike Kirkman no later than 10 am Monday, June 15. If you also want to participate in the meeting, include that in your email along with your name, which agenda item you are referencing, and your interest in the case (applicant, in favor, or opposed). Before the meeting, you will be emailed a meeting link and instructions on how to participate.
- If you have a presentation, pictures, or other materials you would like to provide the commission as part of the meeting, please also email that to Planning staff no later than 12 noon Friday, June 12. No materials received after this date will be able to be distributed at the meeting.
- If you do not want to participate in the meeting, you may still email comments prior to the meeting as outlined above.
- If you are unable to email comments, please call Luke Carter at 336-373-4342 or Mike Kirkman at 336-373-4649.
The Greensboro Zoning Commission hears and decides requests for amendments to the City's official Zoning Map. The duties of the commission include hearing requests to rezone properties, including conditional zoning districts, reviewing original zoning requests (associated with annexations), reviewing requests for Special Use Permits, and reviewing and recommending boundaries for new or altered zoning overlay districts.
The Zoning Commission is composed of nine citizen members appointed by City Council for three-year terms. Regular meetings are held on the third Monday of each month.
Any individual with a disability who needs an interpreter or other auxiliary aids, please contact Olivia Byrd at 336-373-2986. To request services needed, please make the request 3-5 days prior to the meeting/event. For additional information or assistance, please contact Donna Gray, ADA Coordinator at 336-373-2723.