Loose Leaf Collection Extended to February 7
The City’s final round of loose leaf collection has been extended to February 7 due to inclement weather delays.
Property owners should follow these tips:
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard behind the curb. Do not put leaves in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Remove sticks, rocks, and other debris that may damage City equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
- Check the interactive map to find out where your neighborhood is on the leaf collection schedule.
- Residents may also use the City’s year-round yard waste program to dispose of leaves. Put them at the curb in clear plastic bags or a plastic or metal garbage can on your regular trash collection day.
More than 11,000 tons of leaves were collected by the City last year. The leaves are made into compost to fertilize City gardens and landscaped areas. Residents may purchase the compost at the White Street Landfill, 2503 White St.