Youth Baseball Registration Now Underway
Greensboro Parks and Recreation is now accepting youth baseball registration Monday, January 7, through Friday, February 15, for girls and boys ages 5-14. Register online. First-time participants must register in person at the Parks and Recreation Athletics office at the Greensboro Sportsplex, 2400 16th St., from 9 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
The registration fee includes a game jersey and hat. Parents must show their child’s birth certificate and a Parents Association for Youth Sports (PAYS) membership card when registering for the first time. Divisions are based on the age of the child on April 30.
League age groups are:
- Rookie League for 5-6 year olds. Players have the option to be pitched to by coaches or hit off a tee. Cost: $35 per player for a 6-game season.
- Coaches Pitch for 7-8 year olds. Players will be pitched to by coaches. Cost: $35 per player for a 6-game season.
- Single “A” for 9-10 year olds. Cost: $50 per player for a 10-game season.
- Double “AA” for 11-12 year olds. Cost: $50 per player for a 10-game season.
- Triple “AAA” is for 13-14 year olds. Cost: $50 per player for a 10-game season.
The youth baseball program is also recruiting volunteer coaches for all leagues. For more information about youth baseball or to volunteer, contact Phil Hardin at 336-373-2955 , or visit www.greensboro-nc.gov/baseball for more information.