The Drama Center Presents An Evening of Short Plays #38
The Drama Center of City Arts and Events Presents an Evening of Short Plays #38,six new plays by members of the Drama Center’s Playwrights Forum. Performances will be held 6:30 pm Thursday, March 14; 8 pm Friday and Saturday March 15 and 16; and 3 pm Sunday, March 17, and the Stephen D. Hyers Theatre at the Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St. Admission is a suggested donation of $10.
From knee-slapping comedies to heartrending dramas, the plays are an eclectic array of genres. Featuring:
- Dragonslayer by Clinton Festa – A hilarious look at the origins of last names in merry olde England.
- Revelations in an Attic by Andy Ralston-Asumendi – Al finds surprises when he and some friends go through his recently-deceased brother’s things.
- But I’m A Paying Customer by Jini Zlatniski – Two men meet at an art shop and find they have a lot in common when faced with the “naked” truth.
- Missed Calls by Karin Willet – A couple learns how to sympathize with aging grandparents and find themselves in the process.
- Mothers of Murdered Offspring, Giving Thanks by Mike Brannon – How families survive the loss of people they love through community, faith, and standing together.
- The Release by Bill Cissna – An idealistic woman must face an aspect of politics she hoped she had avoided.
For more information, visit the Drama Center website or call 336-335-6426.