Wheels on the Greenway event will be May 4
The Downtown Greenway, a collaborative economic development project between the City of Greensboro and Action Greensboro, has planned a biking event for all ages. The free event will be held on Saturday, May 4, from 2-4 pm at Morehead Park on the Downtown Greenway located at 475 Spring Garden St. Rain date at the same time on Sunday, May 5.
This year’s event will feature a variety of activities, including:
- Ride the Downtown Greenway: bike, trike, skate or roll to the Gateway of the Open Book Cornerstone and the Warnersville Recreation Center. Downtown Police Bike Patrol members will lead the bike ride on the Downtown Greenway.
- Kids Zone Bike Rodeo: Event sponsor, Crumley Roberts will provide a bike safety course, helmet fittings, free helmet and Kid Zone T-shirt to each child.
- Bike Tune-Up Station & Bike Demos: Several local bike shops will provide bike tune-ups and provide bike demos.
- LimeBike: adults can rent a LimeBike to ride the Greenway and demo their new e-scooters.
- Costume Contest: Wear your best Star Wars or outer space costume! Prizes for the best costume!
- Bling Your Bike: Decorate your wheels in a galaxy far, far away!
- Entertainment/Food: music provided by K2 Productions & Kona Ice will have shaved ice for sale.
- Other tents along Downtown Greenway: Bikesboro, Safe Kids Guilford, and City of Greensboro Vision Zero, and others.
Wheels on the Greenway committee member, Rosemary Plybon Kenerly, encourages everyone to Celebrate May the Fourth, aka Star Wars Day on the Downtown Greenway. Bring your bike, trike, scooter or stroller and ride the Greenway's long paths in the shadow of beautiful Downtown Greensboro. "Soaring up and down the hills of the Downtown Greenway on two wheels is about as close as you can get to flying without wings. Add the chance to dress up as a favorite Star Wars character, and it's pretty much a perfect day not only for my little Ewoks, but their mom and dad too."
For more information on the event, visit http://downtowngreenway.org/events.