Participatory Budgeting Greensboro Voting Begins September 6 During NC Folk Festival
Residents ages 14 and older can help decide how to spend $500,000 in City funds by voting in Participatory Budgeting (PB) Greensboro. Vote online beginning at 6 pm, Friday, September 6 until October 31. Or visit the PB Greensboro booth at the NC Folk Festival this weekend in Downtown Greensboro.
PB Greensboro is a democratic process that allows residents to decide how to spend public funds on projects or programs within their City Council District. This year for the first time residents will be able to vote online. Residents can preview what will be on the sample ballot now.
“We’re hoping our new online voting system will make it easy for residents to participate,” said Jason Martin, PB program lead. “PB empowers residents to have a direct impact on their neighborhood and city.”
Online voting will be available of English and Spanish. Paper ballots will be available in Spanish, Arabic and French at in-person voting locations, or at the Greensboro Budget Office, 300 W. Washington St., Mondays through Fridays, 9 am to 4:30 pm.
PB In-Person Voting Times and Locations
Don’t want to vote online? Do it in person.
- September 6-8, during the NC Folk Festival, City booth at the corner of Elm Street and Friendly Avenue
- September 12, 4:30-8:30 pm, Benjamin Branch Library, 1530 Benjamin Pkwy.
- September 16, 4:30-8:30 pm, Windsor Recreation Center, 1601 E. Gate City Blvd.
- September 30, 4:30-8:30 pm, Warnersville Recreation Center, 601 Doak St.
- October 10, 4:30-8:30 pm, Leonard Recreation Center, 6324 Ballinger Rd.
- October 14, 4:30-8:30 pm, Central Library, 219 N. Church St.
For more information visit the PB Greensboro website.