City Closes Offices and Facilities for Veterans Day
Post Date:11/01/2019 9:00 AM
City offices are closed on Monday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
- No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Monday, November 11. That day’s collections take place on Tuesday, November 12 and Tuesday’s take place on Wednesday, November 13.
- The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Monday, November 11.
- The Greensboro History Museum and all branches of the Greensboro Public Library system are closed on Monday, November 11.
- The Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) operates on a normal schedule on Monday, November 11.
- Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and the weekend. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
- Greensboro Parks and Recreation administrative offices, recreation centers, Lake Higgins, Smith Senior Center, Adaptive & Inclusive Recreation, City Beautiful, Greensboro Youth Council, City Arts, Greensboro Cultural Center, and Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center will be closed on Monday, November 11. All City parks, gardens, trails, lakes, cemeteries, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion, and Gillespie Golf Course will be open on their normal operating schedules. Greensboro Sportsplex will operate from 3-10 pm. Regular operational hours for all programs and facilities resume on Tuesday, November 12.