Greensboro Transit Agency Joins National Transportation Coalition to Eliminate Human Trafficking
Greensboro Transit Agency is joining with partners across the transportation industry to stop the flow of human trafficking. As the agency is a consistent presence on Greensboro streets, GTA is committed to preparing its employees to recognize and report suspected instances of human trafficking and to raising awareness among riders. GTA's message is that human trafficking will not be tolerated.
In addition to joining the national transportation sector effort, GTA is taking the following local measures:
- Signing the United States Department of Transportation Leaders Against Human Trafficking Initiative Pledge.
- Publicizing the signs of human trafficking with posted signage on board GTAand HEAT buses and at transit facilities and offices.
- Performing community outreach through social media, website, on-board automated announcements and production of a video public service announcement.
- Training bus operators, supervisors and customer service agents to observe for instances of possible trafficking.
- Coordinating with Greensboro Police Department on public education events and materials.
Visit ridegta.com to learn the basic indicators of human trafficking, and be alert when you travel. To report a suspected case of human trafficking, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 or send a text to 233733. A simple act of calling in a tip could save lives and help move closer to a world without slavery.