Greensboro Temporarily Waives Yard Waste Fees for Residents
The City of Greensboro is temporarily waiving yard waste fees at the White Street Landfill for City of Greensboro residents in cars, vans, passenger vans, pickup trucks and non-dumping trailers. Regular yard waste fees of $40 per ton will continue to apply for dump trucks and dump trailers.
Here’s what to expect when bringing yard waste to the White Street Landfill, located at 2503 White St.:
- Travel to the landfill via Cone Boulevard and Ralph C. Johnson Way. Turn left into the landfill from Ralph C. Johnson Way. (There is no access from White Street or Nealtown Road.)
- Proceed to the open scale.
- Drive to the window and speak to the clerk through the microphone to provide your home address.
- Follow the black yard waste signs and turn right into the yard waste and compost area.
- Look for City attendant who will direct you to an unloading zone. All loads must be unloaded by the customer.
- After emptying your vehicle, proceed out of the yard waste and compost area to the right. Take a left at the stop sign.
- Travel back out of the landfill via the paved road. Remain to the right and bypass the scalehouse.
The White Street Landfill hours are Monday through Friday from 7:50 am to 3 pm (the landfill now closes at 3 pm due to COVID-19 issues), and Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm. Phone number is 336-373-7658.
The City of Greensboro suspended all residential curbside yard waste collection on March 30 due to issues around COVID-19. This suspension allows Field Operations to focus its resources on garbage and recycling collection, which will continue without interruption to maintain public and employee health and safety. Residents should not place yard waste at the curb during this suspension.