City Closes Offices / Facilities for Labor Day
Post Date:08/31/2016 9:00 AM
Return to previous page >>
|City offices are closed on Monday, September 5 in observance of Labor Day. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Monday, September 5. Monday’s collections take place Tuesday, September 6, and Tuesday's collections take place Wednesday, September 7.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Monday, September 5.
• The Greensboro Historical Museum and all branches of the Greensboro Public Library system are closed on Monday, September 5.
• On Monday, September 5, the Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) operates on a Saturday schedule. HEAT routes 71 and 72 will also operate on a Saturday schedule. Regular service on all GTA and HEAT routes resumes Tuesday, September 6.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Community recreation centers, Lake Higgins, Greensboro Sportsplex, Smith Senior Center, Greensboro Youth Council, MainStream Resources, City Arts, Greensboro Cultural Center, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, and Parks & Recreation administrative offices will be closed on Monday, September 5. All city parks, gardens, spraygrounds, trails, cemeteries, Gillespie Golf Course, Lake Brandt, and Lake Townsend will be open to the public. Regular operational hours for all programs and facilities resume on Tuesday, September 6.
# # #